Arun River Rafting
- Rafting in Details
- Itinerary Day by Day
- Cost Info
The Arun River is respected as one of the most mightily and powerful rivers of Nepal. Arun River, which springs up from the Everest region, is an amazing river that flows through Nepal joining Sapta koshi & becoming a tributary of the Ganges in India. Impressive Arun River rafting is exclusively for those undertaking an expedition to get lifetime experience. Rafting in Arun River offers your spectacular views of Himalaya with deep and awesome gorges, lush valleys and superb riverside beaches. Arun river rafting is both the combination of short trekking and Wild River rafting experience. The influential current and huge water volume guarantee enormous and remarkable rapids encountered during the river rafting in Arun.
Arun river rafting is the best choice for those who want to whitewater raft expedition into the wilderness area. Leaving from Kathmandu a 45 minute flight will put us in Tumlingtar. We will have three days trekking and three days of exciting rafting. Rafting in Arun route tracks high ridge through good-looking woods and meadows with outstanding views of Kanchenjunga, Makalu and the Everest mastiff along the way. Rafting the Arun will join with the Tamur and the Sun Kosi to become the Sapta Kosi. Arun river rafting is excellent big rapids, fine beaches for camping, a beautiful unspoiled valley, picturesque villages and a wooded gorge- the ‘jungle corridor’ with its associated wildlife.
The beautiful Arun River grades 4 to 5 from Oct – Dec and 3 to 5 during Feb- May. The best time is the season of Autumn & Spring. The combination of trekking, spectacular scenery, great rapids and remote location makes Arun the best river to run the fantastic white water rafting or kayaking trip in Nepal.
Day 1: Today we will drive to Butwal by private vehicle for about 10 hrs and spend our night there in camp.
Day 2: Next day we will drive to surkhet for around 9-10 hrs and spend camping at night.
Day 3: we will trek from Surkhet to Dhangadi.
Day 4: Today we will trek form Dhangadi to Kareleghat which is the place where we will meet our rafting guide. Spend today night camping at the side of the river.
Day 5: Our rafting starts from here and today we will camp at some open beach of Karnali river. Spend night camping in open light of moon.
Day 6: Today is another full day rafting with the rapids of Karnali River. Enjoy another camping night.
Day 7: Another full day rafting. Enjoy the wilderness of flips and narrow canyons of the river. Today we will set our camp near the confluence of the Seti River.
Day 8: Another full rafting day. Set Camping on the beach after passing Bijura Village.
Day 9: today we will raft up Chisapani. This is the end point of our rafting. We will set our journey back to our destinations either, or can return to Kathmandu.
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, rafting guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Tented camp during the rafting
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the rafting.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of rafting by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential - Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips for staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
What Travellers Say
Trip Facts & Figures:
Grade for autumn: Oct – Dec 4 to 5
Grade for spring: Feb – May: 3 to 5
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Rafting Days: 07 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance Day: Fly to Tumlingtar for 45 minutes or drive to Basantapur 19 hours
Put-in Point: 45 minutes down from Tumlingtar
Put-Out Point: Chatara
River Distance: 70 km.
Optional Trips To: Koshi Tappu or Royal Chitwan National Park, jungle safari
Size of Group: Minimum 6 persons