Kali Gandaki River Rafting
- Rafting in Details
- Itinerary Day by Day
- Cost Info
The Kali Gandaki is one of the Nepal's finest and most fun filled and medium length Rivers and merging great white Water. Kali Gandaki raises in mustang an enclave of Nepal poking into Tibet on the other side of the Himalaya. As it tumbles down between the majestic Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges, it creates one of the world’s deepest river canyons. Kali Gandaki River rafting explores lush fields and forests to the mountains into the desert-dry trans-Himalayan region that lies on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau. It offers you the spectacular vies of Annapurna and Machhapuchhare range. The Kali Gandaki is one of the most remote rivers in Central Nepal as there are no roads or trekking trails that follow the river.
We will have drive or flight to Pokhara. Kali Gandaki River rafting begins with a drive to Besisahar with close up views of the Himalayas, varied ecosystems, green paddy fields and oak forests, arid deserts and the deepest gorge. Throughout the rafting, you will be twisted, turned, shaken and basically hurdled all over the place. Rafting in Kali Gandaki River passes through the surroundings is striking with blue green water, high sided lush green valleys and golden sandstone cliffs with eagle reading the updrafts. You'll enjoy the 3-4 grades rapids with deep points and exciting flips. The camping during the Kali Gandaki rafting is another major way to make your rafting success in the sense you will witness the natural versatilities with the vegetation and wildlife.
Kali Gandaki is also popular for the high degree of Kayaking in white river. Both experienced and novice rafters will love the raft in Kaligandaki. Being one of the holiest rivers in Nepal, every river seam of the Kali Gandaki is dotted with cremation spot and exceeding ground burial mounds.
Day 1:after arriving at Pokhara, next day we will have dive to the Baglung for the start of our trip. You will pass through the most beautiful valleys with the spectacular views of high mountains. Throughout this drive we have stunning views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks as well as the sacred Machhapuchhare. We will have quality and delicious lunch by the mean time and get set for the rafting. You'll have exercise and some learning process for the efficiency during rafting. First day we begin with some class III rapids this is a warm up for the team. The surroundings is striking with blue green water, high sided lush green valleys and golden sandstone cliffs with eagle reading the updrafts. Soon after encountering big rapids we will reach the Modi Khola confluence where we will choose the beach for the evening campsite. We enjoy the night on the beach with tremendously mind blowing views and waterfalls.
Day 2:Once we have breakfast and rafts are packed we start down the river for a day mixed with adrenaline calm and spectacular scenery.Today is continuous grade 3 to 4 world class white water rapids. You will have glances of amazing Annapurna ranges and Mt. Hiunchuli. Wave trains and holes are going to make your rafting in Kali Gandaki more exciting. Watch out for the flips. Enjoy the fast flowing river current. Make you dedicated for the overwhelming journey of water. River is abundant with vines, wildlife and lush vegetation hanging from the cliff faces. Camp near by the village of Beni. Camping delight with its stone flagged lanes and curious youngsters skylarking.
Day 3: As we continue down stream, the river cliffs narrow shrilly above us. There is usually a great audience to watch and listen to the spectacle as each team negotiates the rapid that has formed around this holy place. You will have some exciting rapid and soon you will be at last point of the trip at Mirme. After having lunch, we load up the gear and prepare for the bus journey back to Pokhara.
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, rafting guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Tented camp during the rafting
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the rafting.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of rafting by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential - Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips for staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
What Travellers Say
Trip Facts & Figures:
Grade for autumn: Sep – Dec 3 to 4+
Grade for spring: Feb – May 3 to 4
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Rafting Days: 3 Days
Entrance Day: 30 - minute flight or a 6-hour drive to Pokhara
Put-in Point: Nayapul (70 km. / 4 hours drive from Pokhara)
Put-Out Point: Mirme (105 km. / 5 hours drive back to Pokhara)
River Distance: 55 km.
Optional Trips To: Chitwan National Park or trekking to Annapurna region
Size of Group: Minimum 6 persons