Karnali River Rafting
- Rafting in Details
- Itinerary Day by Day
- Cost Info
Karnali river rafting is one of the most memorable river trips in this country, Nepal. The Class IV Karnali River is the longest and largest river in Nepal. Rafting in Karnali River is an ultimate trip to experience uniqueness of Nepal, astonishing panorama, Grand River battles and all the enjoyments of a long river voyage. This mightiest river originates from Mt. Kailash in Tibet and hence Karnali literally means ‘Holy water from the sacred mountain’. Rafting in Karnali passes through high Himalayan snowfields through a series of spectacular gorges and emerges onto the Terai flowing through Royal Bardia Wildlife Park. From Sauli its 180 km to the nest road access at Chisopani, on the northern border of the Royal Bardia National Park.
This Karnali River rafting in Nepal journey offers an incredible combination of short trekking and Wild River rafting exciting expedition. You'll experience the trekking through tropical jungle deserted beaches, most pristine jungle scenery in Nepal, abundant wildlife and small villages. The Karnali is more constrained by its canyon walls giving bigger more continuous and serious rapids. Seasonal snow melts and storms can cause the river level to swell drastically and create the extremes of white water rafting. The rapid Rafting / Kayaking on Karnali are mainly big, bouncy and relatively safe ‘flips’. You'll enjoy the 3-4 grades rapids with deep points and exciting flips. The camping during the Karnali rafting is another major part to make your rafting success with witness of the natural versatilities with the vegetation and wildlife.
Day 1: Today we will drive to Butwal by private vehicle for about 10 hrs and spend our night there in camp.
Day 2: Next day we will drive to surkhet for around 9-10 hrs and spend camping at night.
Day 3: we will trek from Surkhet to Dhangadi.
Day 4: Today we will trek form Dhangadi to Kareleghat which is the place where we will meet our rafting guide. Spend today night camping at the side of the river.
Day 5: Our rafting starts from here and today we will camp at some open beach of Karnali river. Spend night camping in open light of moon.
Day 6: Today is another full day rafting with the rapids of Karnali River. Enjoy another camping night.
Day 7: Another full day rafting. Enjoy the wilderness of flips and narrow canyons of the river. Today we will set our camp near the confluence of the Seti River.
Day 8: Another full rafting day. Set Camping on the beach after passing Bijura Village.
Day 9: today we will raft up Chisapani. This is the end point of our rafting. We will set our journey back to our destinations either, or can return to Kathmandu.
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, rafting guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Tented camp during the rafting
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the rafting.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of rafting by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential - Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips for staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
What Travellers Say
Trip Fact & Figures:
Grade for autumn: Sep - Dec 3 to 5
Grade for spring: Feb – May: 3 to 4
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Rafting Days: 9 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance Day: 19 hours bus ride from Kathmandu led you to Surkhet
Put-in Point: Sauli
Put-Out Point: Chisapani
River Distance: 180 km.
Optional Trips To: Bardia National Park for Jungle safari trip or back to Kathmandu.
Size of Group: Minimum 6 persons