Sun Koshi River Rafting
- Rafting in Details
- Itinerary Day by Day
- Cost Info
sun koshi river also known as river of gold’. Sunkoshi River rafting in Nepal is the longest river trip and the most fascinating among all. The rafting tour in Sun Koshi is 10 days (270 km) long enough for any adventure lovers to enjoy the aquatic and panoramic beauties of Nepal. Sun Koshi River rafting/kayaking is an ideal trip for those wanting to combine peaceful stretches of stunning scenery with some great and challenging rapids. Sun Koshi has its own moods, serene, calm and tranquil so it is considered as an unpredictable river offering verities of wilderness.
Start your river rafting in Sun Koshi from Dolalghat, about 2-3 hrs drive from Kathmandu. The Sunkoshi menders its way through the lovely and picturesque Mahabharata range of mountains. . It forms the watershed for most of eastern Nepal congregation might from tributaries challenging the highest mountains in the world. You will tackle rapids from class 3 to 5. Rapids with names like Hakapur, Meat Grinder, Jaws and jungle Corridor. Camp site are lively white sandy beaches so as to offer you opportunity to relax and explore diversity of the areas.
Rafting in Sun Koshi River is a unique experience, a rare combination of scenic beauty, cultural encounters & exciting white water. Rafting in Sun Koshi offers the spectacular views of mountains, open valley, forest, small remote villages, white sandy shore, troops of monkeys, and abundance of birdlife which will be your life time experience.
Day 1: After
having morning breakfast, we will catch drive to Dolaghat of about 2-3 hrs. Our
guide will provide short lessons on the use of paddles, the safety measures and
the emergency rescue tips. Have the lunch and prepare with your life jackets,
paddles and helmets on. The big rapid you will encounter on that day is of
class 4+ rapid "
Day 2-7: Sun
koshi is considered as one of the big volume
Day 8-9: The
last stretch of river which brings you to the last class 4+ Big Dipper is a
series of huge standing waves. A few distances later the confluence point, you
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, rafting guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Tented camp during the rafting
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the rafting.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of rafting by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential - Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips for staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
What Travellers Say
Trip Facts & Figures:
Grade for autumn: Oct - Dec 3 to 5
Grade for spring: Feb to May 3 to 4
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Rafting Days: 10 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance Day: Drive 3 hours east to from Kathmandu
Put-in Point: Dolalghat
Put-Out Point: Chatara
River Distance: 270 km.
Optional Trips To: Chitwan National Park or trekking to Annapurna region
Size of Group: Minimum 6 persons