Tamakoshi River Rafting
- Rafting in Details
- Itinerary Day by Day
- Cost Info
The Tama Koshi is a powerful, major, river with a volume twice of the Bhote Koshi. The river mainly starts flowing from Tibet and drains out the excessive amount of water through mountains and glaciers. 'Tama Koshi' in Nepali means 'River of Copper'. You'll have the perfect glimpses of snow-capped mountain of Rolwaling and Khumbu region during Tama Koshi river rafting. You will find the world's most thrilling whitewater with a wide range of difficulties, warm water and bug free beaches for camping. The river rafting trip in the Tama Koshi is listed as one of the Nepal’s classic river journeys. If you have never rafted before and have limited time but desire to participate in adventurous activates than Nepal Rafting Tama Koshi can be the best trip for you.
About 3 hrs drive from Kathmandu or 24 hrs from Pokhara takes you to the point Charaundi or Fisling. Tama Koshi River rafting is comfort with many high action rapids & great chances for swimming and wildlife spotting. Actually Tama Koshi River is too wild for commercial run because it has 4 to 6 grade rapids and some of the rapids are uncross able but for the Kayakers this river is excellent which will provide you a life time experience. Recently a hydroelectricity power plant (The Khimti Project) has been constructed in the Khimti area alongside the river.
Today we leave
Day 2: The very morning begins with a breakfast and we prepare for the rafting today. We end our day on the beach at Gaighat or Simaltal. From here our guide will arrange for your return back journey.
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, rafting guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Tented camp during the rafting
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the rafting.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of rafting by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential - Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips for staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Trip Facts & Figures:
Grade for autumn: Year round 3
Grade for spring: July 3 to Sept 4+
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Rafting Days: 02 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance Day: 3
Put-in Point: Charaundi or Fisling
Put-Out Point: Mugling or Simaltal / Gaighat
River Distance: 38 km.
Optional Trips To:
Size of Group: Minimum 6 persons