Tamur River Rafting
- Rafting in Details
- Itinerary Day by Day
- Cost Info
Tamor is a mighty River in Eastern part of Nepal. Tamur River rafting combines of short Himalayan treks offering wonderful mountain sights, with an invigorating river voyage. The adventure of Tamur's 4 to 5 class constant rapids will bring descending rafts and kayaks down in dread. Tamor has some excellent Class IV and Class V rapids ensuring a good rafting trip. Tamur River Rafting combines one of the best short treks of Nepal with some really challenging white water action. This river run can be combined with a visit to the Chitwan National Park for wildlife safari or a trek in the less visited Kanchenjunga region. Rafting in Tamur River offers your spectacular views of Himalaya with deep and awesome gorges, lush valleys and superb riverside beaches.
The Tamur river rafting/kayaking trips start with an internal flight or drive from Kathmandu to Biratnagar in the far South-East of Nepal. We begin with a four day trek from Basantapur up over Milke Danda Range to Dobhan and our rafting begins with end at Chatara. The trail winds up and down through small villages magnificent rhododendron forests and verdant meadows. The short trek is stunning, with great views of Kanchenjunga, Makalu and Everest. The Tamor is more constrained by its canyon walls giving bigger more continuous and serious rapids. It’s a wonderful river rafting in Tamur through emerald and golden terraced fields of rice and mustard for next six or seven days. The Tamur is best tackled between October and November, and February and May. No previous experience is required for rafters however; a reasonable level of fitness and a positive attitude are a must.
Day 2: Trekking from Basantapur to Tuhurenpari. Spend overnight camping.
Day 3: Trekking from Tuhurenpari to Basantapur. Spend overnight camping.
Day 04: Trekking from Basantapur to Dovan. Spend overnight camping.
Day 05: Rafting from Dovan to Bensi Tar. Spend overnight camping.
Day 06: Rafting from Bensi Tar to Phulbari. Spend overnight camping.
Day 07: Rafting from Phulbari to Esuwa Khola. Spend overnight camping.
Day 08: Rafting from Esuwa Khola to Naya Pul. Spend overnight camping.
Day 09: Rafting from Naya Pul to Simal Chaur. Spend overnight camping.
Day 10: Rafting from Simal Chaur to Triveni. Spend overnight camping.
Day 11: Rafting from Triveni to Chatara, packing and drive back to Ktm by bus
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, rafting guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Tented camp during the rafting
- Daily Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the rafting.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of rafting by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential - Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips for staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
What Travellers Say
Trip Facts & Figures:
Grade for autumn: Sep – Dec 3 to 5
Grade for spring: Feb – May 3 to 4+
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Rafting Days: 11 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance Day: Fly to Biratnagar or Drive to Basantapur for 19 hrs
Put-in Point: Milke Danda
Put-Out Point: Chatara
River Distance: 7120 km.
Optional Trips To: Koshi Tappu or Royal Chitwan National Park, jungle safari
Size of Group: Minimum 6 persons