Nepal Photography Tour
- Tour in Details
- View Detailed Itinerary
- Cost Info
- Useful Info
- What Should Pack
Taking a photo has become the best part of many people. So, Above the Himalaya introduces "Nepal photography Tour" for the photographers or for those who have a great interest in taking photos too.
What’s included in the Cost:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- trekking guide and porters with all their expenses.
- your daily meals during the trekking ( breakfast, lunch and dinner) guest house accommodation.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Chitwan all the meals, accommodation, nature guide, park permit, all Jungle programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the tour by Tourist bus/Private Car/Van and Flights depends on Clients requirement and budget.
Extra Cost to Consider:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu /Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International/Domestic Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees, boating fee.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot showers, beverages, snacks, battery charging during the trekking time.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Passport and Visas:
First, be sure you have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity from return date. You can obtain visas for Nepal from the Nepalese Consulate in your country or up on arrival in Kathmandu Airport. Nepalese visas cost USD 25 for 15 days and USD 40 for 30 days till date.
Get the required visa for Nepal.
You can get Nepal visa prior to arrival from the Nepalese Embassy at your home country. Likewise, you can easily get a up on arrival visa at Kathmandu airport and other different borders from Nepal. This is for those who travel from India and Tibet. You can read more here and can download the visa for here
Bring Official Papers
Some of the required official documents are your valid passport, 4 extra passport sized photographs (for trekking permits), travel insurance, airline tickets and luggage tags. Visas can be obtained upon entry into Nepal. For detail information we request you to visit our visa page.
Money & Credit card Info
We find that most of the credit card, master and visa card is blocked from your card provider. It may be because of a security reason. It, sometimes, may bring you in problematic situation that you can't get money from ATMs and that you find difficult to pay for your treks and tour. To find yourself free from this problem, you can call to your card provider before you travel to Nepal and inform there that you are traveling to Nepal. Ensure them to give the authorization for the payment.
In Nepal you have to pay 3.5 % credit card commission s per Nepal Bank rules, on top of your payable amount for the trek cost. So, please be sure that you bring some cash in USD to pay us. Likewise, be sure you have brought some small amount for your daily expenses as well as for those items which are not included in our cost.
We request you not to change money in the Airport. The exchange rate is very low there. Our office provides you the facility to change your money. Or, you can take help from Money Changers in Thamel
Our clients must have comprehensive travel insurance package. Their insurance must cover against medical, personal accident, emergency evacuation, trip cancellation, lost of gears, natural calamity, theft of or damage to baggage etc.
Load shedding (Electricity crisis) in Nepal
We are sorry to inform you that though Nepal is rich in water resource, there is electricity crisis in Nepal. It is more likely that there is electricity off for some hours in day and night time. Most of the hotels in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other cities are likely to have no battery back up. Air condition may not work and, sometimes, TV and other electric utensils may not run.
Some hotel is likely to run the TV and AC also. However, only few of them are in this category.
So, be prepared for this while you are traveling here. For your ease, we recommend you to bring the flashlight with extra bulbs and batteries.
Vaccination for Nepal
All travelers should consult with their physician or update on vaccination requirements before travel. (Your doctor or health-care provider will determine what you will need, depending on factors such as your health and immunization history, areas of the country you will be visiting, and planned activities)
For traveling to Nepal; we recommend you to take a vaccination of Polio, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Rabies etc, it is not really must but recommended.
How to Book
While you chose which trip you wanted to go with, contact us to our head office Thamel Kathmandu Nepal by mail or phone, email is more easy and clear options, as soon as we get your email or call we will process for your booking.
We need 20% booking amount to confirm your booking, the payment can be made through the Bank transfer, Credit card payment (Master/Visa card) or through online money transfers also Money Gram, Western Unions or others. After we get the 20% amount we will confirm your booking and you will get the official booking and payment receipt. The final balance for the tour will be paid up on arrival in Kathmandu.
For more info for how to booking please read here
Clothing for the Tour:
· In Nepal you will experience a wide range of climates, so take both light and warm clothing in casual and comfortable styles. You can check your traveling time and can bring the clothing accordingly for the tour. Mostly warm clothes do works. If you are going for trekking you need trekking equipment and accessories.
For lower altitude places such as visiting Chitwan, Bardia, Koshi Tappu light cotton clothing are the best one.
· Comfortable walking shoes are recommendable for the tour and if you are doing hiking as in the itinerary, trekking shoes are recommended. A pair of light sandals is recommended. Our advice is to make sure you ‘wear in' your walking boots/shoes for a number of weeks before your trip – you'll be so much more comfortable if you do so. Sandals with the rugged bottom are good for hiking around town and to wear in showers.
· You will need your own toiletries and towels. And you'll also need your own little medical kit, sewing repair kit and a good head lamp with extra bulbs and batteries. Nepal is facing load shedding problem so everyday electricity cut off occurs. It is longer hours in the summer time, most of our chosen hotels have Generator back up but at night it may not run so bring the head lamps for convenient.
You can store the luggage in the hotels so you can also bring the better clothing for looking good while around the city like Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Sunglasses are a must. A warm hat, gloves for winter for hiking, swimming customs for rafting and Elephant bathing at Chitwan, good socks and a sun hat are very useful for Jungle safari tour and for warm sightseeing days in town too.
Clothing’s Suggestion for Women Travelers:
Wearing a bikini/revealing bathing suit when rafting/swimming is an offensive mistakes unless it is in your own hotel swimming pool. At swimming pools, women wear bathing suits with skirts around the bottoms. And for rafting and kayaking, we recommend you were surfing type shorts and sport shirts that dry easily. If you want to wear your bathing suit underneath it is fine.
Here are some things you might want to bring from home depending on your planned activities:
• Walking/hiking, trekking, river shoes – broken in.
• Clothes you can layer. Jacket, T-shirts, fleece, windbreaker, shorts, lightweight pants, sport pants, gloves & sun hat (for summer and autumn season, not a lot of clothes).
• A nice shirt/pants for nightlife
• Good camera – this country is a feast for the eyes, and a photographer’s dream!
• Pocket size Flashlight (you can buy it here if need be, but there are always power cuts, so have it handy! (It seems like the lights go off whenever you are in an unfamiliar toilet.)
• A sarong (for girls) and/or a light weight towel.
• Ladies, if you like wearing a little make-up when you go out, bring it. It is hard to find here. Most of the make-up here is really weird, cheap stuff. Just bring a couple things that make you feel happy for the party nights!
Shopping in Nepal:
If you want to buy some new clothes in Kathmandu, you can go for out of Thamel. You can get Western style clothes in Durbar Marg, Asan, Kathmandu Mall and various other new rising shopping centers. You can get designer label clothes for literally a few dollars, custom made jeans, the price is much cheaper here but the quality compromises that never meets the Western Standards.
What Travellers Say
Trip Facts & Figures:
Tour Duration: 17 days from arrival to Departure
Climate during the tour:
September to Nov: Autumn very pleasant and clear weather, the mountain views are the best. (Maximum 30 Degree Minimum 2 Degree)
March to May (warmest months) the temperatures are mildly warm ((Maximum 33 Degree Minimum 13 Degree)
December to Mid February (Winter) the weather is cold and the sky is clear (Maximum 19 Degree Minimum -6 Degree)
June to August: Summer/ Rainy Season (July/August has more rain) (Maximum 34 Degree Minimum 19 Degree)
Tour Visiting Places:
Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Pokhara, Chitwan, Bandipur
Transportation: Good Condition Private Car/Van depends on group size for tour with good driver, for long drive Tourist Bus/Flights are available.
Meals during the tour:
Breakfast is available in the hotels in 2 to 5 star hotels offers a buffet breakfast with choice of foods, for lunch our guide will take you to good restaurant with choices of food from Nepali to western menu, you can tell them what sort of food you like and can choose the restaurant accordingly. For Dinner in the city you can go out there are plenty of nice restaurant for out of Kathmandu and Pokhara you can eat at the hotels.
Budget to 5 star hotels are available during the tour, we can choose the hotels as per your interest and budget, all the hotels we choose are located centrally and with unique charm, clean room and friendly staffs.
Our Tour Leaders:
All our tour guides are professional. They are trained and examined by Government of Nepal and have excellent English and other languages such as French, Japanese, Spanish and German. All our guides have a deep knowledge of local culture, religion, arts and architecture, monuments and temples with their historical and cultural value. They will provide you all needed help during your tour.
Tour in Nepal
- Nepal Bird Watching Tour
- Nepal Family Tour
- Honeymoon in Nepal
- Nepal Walking Holiday Tour
- Everest View Tour
- Exotic Nepal Tour
- Taste of Nepal Tour
- Tiger Tracking Tour Nepal
- Nepal Active Holiday tour
- All Nepal Tour
- Essence Of Nepal Tour
- Best of Nepal Tour
- Honey Hunting Tour
- Short and Sweet Nepal Tour
- Halesi Mahadev Darshan Tour
- Nepal Day Tours
- Nepal Cultural Circuit Tour
- Himalaya Vacation Tour
- Nepal Photography Tour
- Trekking in Nepal
- Peak Climbing in Nepal
- Mountaineering in Nepal
- Tour in Nepal
- Rafting in Nepal
- Jungle Safari Tour
- Mountain Biking in Nepal
- Outdoor Adventure Sports
- Sightseeing Tour
- Car Rental in Nepal
- Flight Booking
- Hiking in Nepal
- Tailormade Trip
- Travel Tips
- Trekking Info
- Nepal Heli Tour
- Day Tours
- Fixed Departure
- Hotel Booking in Nepal