Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
- Table of Contents
- Accommodation and food cost
- Transportation Cost
- Permits and Entry fees
- Cost of Guide and Porter
- Travel Insurance
- Cost of trekking gears
Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the popular treks that falls under the Everest Region trek. Most of the people have Everest Base Camp in their travel bucket list. It is one of the difficult treks in Nepal. For attending the Everest Base Camp trek cost one needs to be physically fit and can walk for hours. It is better to see the physician before doing the Everest Base Camp.
Everest Base Camp trek is the top-selling trekking journey in Nepal. It offers the best trekking experience in the whole world.
It is because the tallest mountain of the world lies in the Everest Region. Thus everyone has the biggest dream to lie on the lap of the tallest mountain and gaze its true beauty from the inner heart. Thus, accomplishing EBC trek is the life-changing experience and one would feel extremely delightful lying on the foot of the giant mountain. Not only this will the whole trekking journey provide through mesmerizing landscapes that would surely melt your heart. Besides, you will encounter several different people and get to know their culture and tradition.
Thus, getting knowledge about the lifestyle of people in the mountain region is interesting as well as a unique experience. Everest base camp trek has numerous wonders to tempt you such as stunning Himalayan Peaks, blushing hills and dynamic flora, magical wilderness, and pristine landscape what makes you feel like heaven. Based on your time and comfort you can have different types of EBC trekking for instance short EBC trek, 10 days EBC trek, Everest Hiking, Everest helicopter tour, etc. And more importantly, choosing the best season for this trekking is another challenging part. It is because to avoid any natural hindrances and make your journey more fruitful and cherishable. Thus, Spring and Autumn are the best reasons to opt for this trekking.
Here are some of the highlights of the EBC trek.
• Visit and explore Namche Bazaar, the gateway of Mt. Everest
• Along with Mt. Everest, sightseeing Other peaks Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Makalu (8,463m) and Cho Yu (8,201m) is what highlights your trip most.
• Adventuring and Challenging off-beaten snowy trails and green lush forest are eye-catching.
• You will have the ultimate achievement after climbing the giant Mountains.
• You will get the opportunity to explore the Sherpa culture, their lifestyle and enjoy the variety of Sherpa dishes.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek:
- Duration: 16 Days
- Max. Altitude: Kalapathar (5,545m/18,192ft.)
- Trek Grade: Difficult
- Best Travel Time: February to Mid June, September – November is the best seasons. Dec & January are winters, we can go for the trek can be snow on the trail, July & August are rainy time and not highly recommended.
- Equipment rental: All of your clothing and gear, however in Kathmandu there are many shops to buy and rent trek related equipment.
- Transportation: Tourist Bus, Private Car/Van, Plane.
- Activity: City tour, Trekking
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost
The trek to Everest Base Camp is a little expensive. Everest Base Camp Trek costs USD 1500/person. The cost includes permit fee, sightseeing fee, guide and porter charge, accommodation cost, food and so forth. However, the visa fee, airport taxes, personal expenses are exclusive. Here are the details of the cost that occurs when you are on Everest Base Camp Trek:
Accommodation and Food
There are many tea houses and lodges on the way to Everest Base Camp. You need to carry so foodstuffs as the trek is difficult and you have to walk for hours to get to the destination. Carry some snacks with high energy and light to eat. The tea houses and lodges provide accommodation and a variety of food including Nepali food and international food. The prices of accommodation and food vary according to the altitude. The prices go on increases as the altitude increases. Depending on the item of food and the place of stay, a meal cost USD 5 to 15. The accommodation costs USD 5 per night at the basic tea houses and up to USD 150 per night on the luxurious lodges with facilities. For using the electricity for charging the mobile phones and other devices the lodges costs USD 1 to USD 3. Similarly, the shower with hot water costs 2 to 6 USD.
Trekking means you need to walk on your feet to reach your destination but getting to the trail from Kathmandu you need to take a flight to Lukla. The one-way flight to reach Lukla costs USD 120. If you are taking the flight it is better to book it earlier as the flight of Lukla can be late or canceled due to the weather condition.
Everest base camp permits and entry fees
For trekking to Everest Base Camp, you need to take the local permit and permit and a special permit to enter the Sagarmatha National Park. The local permit costs NRP 1000/USD 11 per person and the special permit cost NRP 3000 with tax included or USD 33 per person. If you are from the neighboring country India you only need the special permit that cost NPR 265.
Cost of Guide and porter for Everest base camp
Trekking can be done solo but with a guide, you will be safe and you done have to think about which way to go now. Having an experienced guide can be a great advantage as you will fill comfortable and the trek can be done without stress to find the way. Hiring a guide for Everest Base Camp costs USD 25 to USD 30 per day. Porter cost USD 20 to USD 25 per day. If you are planning to hire a guide make sure they are experienced, registered and have a license.
The most important thing for trekking to Nepal is Travel insurance. The cost of Travel insurance takes USD 150 which covers the emergencies up to 6000 meters of height. It is necessary to do travel insurance as challenges, difficulties, or unexpected can happen while on the trek. You need to be sure to buy the travel insurance that covers the height of 6000 meters.
Cost of trekking gears
While trekking you need to have proper clothes and important gear. You do not have to buy all the stuff as you can rent the essentials in Thamel too. Depending on the gear you rent the cost of trekking gears is USD 1-10 per day.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Round Trip flight ticket for Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Sagarmatha National Park fees.
- Trekker’s information management system (TIMS) card fee.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Above the Himalaya duffel bag. ( If you need, please let us know before you book the trip and remind us in our pre-meeting at our office)
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T-shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa upon arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
If you wish to explore this heavenly part of Nepal please contact us directly for booking information. We will be delighted to create a trip of your life.